CD1 was on Friday. Kylene called the clinic in the afternoon and they had already left for the day. This morning Kristin (nurse) called back and said since this cycle was 35 days we have to wait ANOTHER cycle. WHAT? That was never mentioned as an option. I called back to question this decision and was told that if the next cycle is 35 days they will assume that Kylene’s ‘normal’ and base everything on that. Aaaggghhh!! I just want to scream. Why didn’t they ever tell us that if the cycle was longer than x days we would have to wait for one more? At least then we wouldn’t have been so shocked. I just hate making plans and then scrapping them and starting over.
Kristin also mentioned Kylene would need PIO. Dr. Glassner was very clear that Kylene would NOT have to do any shots. So I questioned that as well. Apparently he’s just being nice to Kylene, but the nurses were surprised. They did call Kylene back to say “no PIO.” We really need to keep on top of everything!
Here’s the good news: Kylene will be home for her oldest son’s birthday (we were thinking transfer would be right around then). And now we won’t be due right around Christmas, it will be more like late January. See, I’m finding the silver lining. My surro-buddies are sending Kylene all kinds of meds so we won’t need to buy hardly anything at all (thanks – you know who you are!).
We are both so anxious to start. Kylene feels badly that her cycles are long and I feel badly that her family is having to wait through this with us…ugh. Of course neither of us can control any of it, but that doesn’t change the anxiety!
I’m getting excited for the SMO national GTG. Lots of great people, food, fun, and no traveling for me 🙂